Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 4

Go big or go home.

It's a mantra to live by. I want to be the best I can be in all things. I want to be the best medical student I can be so that I can be the best doctor I can be. At the same time, I want to be in the best shape I possibly can be; I'm in it to win it. All of it.

Today at the gym I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and about 30 minutes of weight lifting. Also, last night I did 30 minutes of cardio/stretching randomly in my apartment, just because I felt like being active. I am rather sore today, but it's a nice reminder of the work I am putting in, so I am happy with it.

I am also proud of myself for sticking to my guns thus far about regulating my caloric intake. I had dinner with a friend tonight. We cooked together, but before I even went to her house I had predetermined what I would eat and made sure I would be within my caloric limits for the day. I politely refused any additional food that was offered; I don't want to start back down that slippery slope.

As promised I weighed myself today. As could be expected there was no change, still at 195.5 lbs.

But alas, now it is time to rest my weary body (both mentally and physically), for tomorrow I move one step closer to my dreams coming true.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment