Saturday, January 29, 2011

I don't know what day it is...

Wow, looks like I fell off the planet for a while there. I think every day since my last entry I said that I would update 'tomorrow'. A lot of 'tomorrow's' have passes since then, but fear no more, for I have returned.

Today was a really good day. For the first time in seemingly months, a blue sky was visible and the temperature was actually quite mild. Kudos Mother Nature.

I got up at 7:00 and made it to the gym by 8:00. For some reason I don't have trouble doing this on a Saturday, but find it impossible during the week. Alas, I spent 30 minutes on the elliptical at an intensity level higher than I have done thus far and then ran/walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes or so.

I have to thank a friend of mine for inspiring me to revive my blog and also to remember why I am doing what I am doing. I said on day 1 that I simply wanted to exercise and be healthy. In the time I have been back to the gym, I have remembered how rewarding it all is. Yes, clothes fit more loosely and the numbers on the scale go down, but there is more to it. I love to push myself,
I love to sweat, to run, to challenge my body to see just what it is really capable of; and the feeling of getting stronger and more in shape is beyond imagination. I feel happier, more balanced, and content. This whole journey is about doing something I have never really done before; to be a little selfish and to focus on what I feel is best for me now.

Sorry for the rambling, I just get excited about all of this. It's just a good feeling, perhaps best described by Taio Cruz and Travie McCoy in their song Higher.

With my rambling completed,
I think it is necessary for me to get back to studying. A Physiology exam awaits on Monday.

My official weigh in for this week (last Wednesday) was 187lbs, for a total weight loss of 10.5lbs.

"I got my feet in the air and my head on the ground and the rest of my body's somewhere in the clouds..."




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


No comments:

Post a Comment