Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 5

"Don't over do it..."

No, no, my title isn't there to advise you to not exert yourself. This is something I would never say; thus the quotations around the title. In fact, the credit of this utterance goes to my mother. She is an amazing woman who I love dearly, but she makes me laugh sometimes. I told her I was sore from the gym yesterday (before I went today of course). With concern in her voice she reminded me 'don't over do it'. Sure, this would be a warranted statement if I were attempting to run 45 miles a day or bench press 5 times my body weight (Ok, let's be honest, I don't bench press anything; I use weight machines.). Realistically I try to push myself everyday; be it working out, studying, or eating better, every day is a chance to push harder and get better. I just find my mom's comment ironic after yesterday's post about going big or going home. Then again, this is the woman who tells me I don't need to lose any more weight, in-spite of what my clothes, mirror, and BMI tell me. Ah, to be seen through the eyes of my mother.

While spending the last 15 rambling about my mom, I actually thought of a legitimate topic I would like to discuss, but alas, it will have to wait for tomorrow, for it is well passed my bedtime.

Today's weight was the same as it has been at 195.5 lbs. I burned 430 calories at the gym today with 30 minutes on the elliptical and 10 or so minutes running on the treadmill. I also came in around 300 calories below my allotted budget for the day; that's right, go me!

Patience is a virtue...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment